1. ACKNOWLEDGE: "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). "God be merciful to me a sinner" (Luke 18:13). You must acknowledge in the light of God's Word that you are a sinner.
2. REPENT: "Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3). "Repent. therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19). You must see the awfulness of sin and then turn away from it.
3. CONFESS: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Romans 10:10). Confess not to men, but to God.
4. FORSAKE: "Let the wicked forsake his way. and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return to the Lord... for he will abundantly pardon" (Isaiah 55:7). Sorrow for sin is important, but we must want to be done with it once and for all.
5. BELIEVE: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" (Romans 10:9). Believe in the finished work of Christ on the cross, and in His resurrection.
6. RECEIVE: "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:11-12). Christ must be received personally into your heart by faith, if the experience of the New Birth is to be yours.
Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and worthy of death. But Lord, I believe that you died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sin. You arose from the dead and are alive today. I ask you to forgive me of all my sins, purify my thoughts, words, and deeds that I may turn from my sins and be more like you. Now I ask you Jesus, to come into my heart and become Lord and Savior of my life. Thank you Lord, for answering my prayer, and coming into my heart this very moment.
© EMMANUEL MB CHURCH TAMPA, FL. 33602